Extreme kayaker Nouria Newman has gone from standing on the podium of international canoe slalom competitions to remote whitewater expeditions. Young as she is, she has embarked on a lifetime’s worth of raging rapids and thundering waterfalls. In Patagonia, the world-champion French paddler took on (and conquered) some of the world’s toughest and wildest rivers with two accomplished American expedition kayakers, Ben Stookesberry and Erik Boomer.
Nouria is also compelled to go out on her own, like to the mighty rivers in the lonely valleys of Ladakh (India), where it’s just her and her kayak. There, her extraordinary skills are her life insurance. It is on these solo trips to untamed rivers that Nouria is confronted by her greatest fears but also experiences her deepest moments of gratification.
|With:||Nouria Newman, Yves Narduzzi, Benny Marr, Rush Sturges, Ben Stookesberry|
|Production:||Red Bull Media House, France, 2022|
|Language:||Original version with subtitles|
|Accessible:||Greta App (AD, SDH, SUB)|
- has been kayaking since she was a child
- member of the French national canoe slalom team (2007-2015)
- won a gold medal at the 2014 World Championships
- in 2015 she ended her career in canoe slalom to become a full-time whitewater kayaker
- most important expeditions (2014: Stikine River, Canada, 2018: Solo in Ladakh, India, 2019: Patagonia, South America)